Pesto is wonderful and has super healthy fat from the nuts and Olive oil. However, since having my gallbladder removed 17 years ago, I have to be careful about how much fat I consume in one sitting, even if it is the heart healthy fat. This is my lower fat version of one of our favorite go-to dinners. I’ve omitted the added oil and it still tastes amazing. If you’re looking to add more nutrients and less fat, then this one’s for you!
Pesto On the Lighter Side
Published on May 17, 2015 | By Katrina |
- Prep Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 t. minced garlic or 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 - 1 t. sea salt, to taste
- pinch ground pepper
- 1. Place all ingredients into a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
- 2. Enjoy with raw zucchini noodles, gluten free noodles or veggie sticks.
Read more about this chef..