When I was in elementary school we would walk to the lunch room in a single file line, and on the way we would stop to pick out our pint of milk from a refrigerator located in the hall. I always chose the chocolate milk, of course! Well, here’s a great alternative to the sugary version that you and your kids will love. Not only is it tasty, but it’s full of micronutrients, fiber and omega 3’s. It’s also dairy free for those who don’t tolerate dairy. Now that’s my kind of drink!
Chia Chocolate Milk
- 1 cup dairy free milk of choice (we use unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 t. chia seeds
- 1/8 - 1/4 t. stevia powder, to taste
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 T. cacao powder
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a blender, Soak the dates and chia seeds in the milk for about 10 minutes.
- 2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Read more about this chef..