This recipe comes from a desire to give my husband something healthy and quick in the morning. For the past 15+ years he’s been running out the door with a pop-tart or cereal bar for his breakfast. He usually leaves before I’m up so I made this to give him something with no refined sugar or GMO’s. It’s super high fiber, and contains tons of minerals and omega 3 oils with added vegan protein powder. It would be a great addition to a lunchbox or an afternoon snack. Try these Chocolate Fig Protein Balls and let me know what you think in the comments.
Chocolate Fig Protein Bites
- Prep Time
- 16 balls
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 12 dried figs (I used Smyrna figs)
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 t maple syrup, optional
- 1 t. Himalayan pink sea salt, or regular sea salt
- 1 t. pure stevia powder
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 scoops Vitacost Earthblends Pea Protein Powder, vanilla
- 1. Soak the figs in enough water to cover them for 30 minutes to soften.
- 2. Drain the figs and place into food processor with an S blade.
- 3. Process the figs with the rest of the ingredients until it forms a large ball.
- 4. Remove the dough from the food processor and form into 1" balls.
- 5. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Read more about this chef..