Paleo Apple and Walnut Salad
- 1 apple cut into small chunks
- 3 dried figs (sulfur dioxide free)
- 8 - 10 raw walnut halves
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pure stevia powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- Option: 1 t. flaxseed or chia seed meal
- 1. Cut three dried figs into four pieces each and place them into a handy chopper or ninja.
- 2. Add 8 - 10 walnut halves and half of a sliced apple (cut into chunks).
- 3. Chop until chunky and well chopped, but not smooth and pureed.
- 4. Pour the mixture over the remainder of the apple chunks into a bowl. Stir in the cinnamon, salt and stevia to taste.
- 5. For added fiber and healthy EFA's sprinkle 1 t. flaxseed or chia seed meal on top.
- 6. Enjoy!
Read more about this chef..