Paleo Orange-Spice Macaroons
Published on January 7, 2015 | By Katrina |
- (4.4 /5)
- (159 Rating)
- 3 T. melted coconut oil
- 1 T. GF vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/8 t. sea salt
- 1 T. pure maple syrup or honey
- 3/4 t. pure stevia powder extract
- 1 t. orange zest
- 1 t. orange juice (preferably from the orange you just zested!)
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1. In a high speed blender place all ingredients and blend on high for a few minutes, scraping sides often. Be patient with this step, it really takes some time. Just keep scraping the sides (with your blender off, of course:)) It will get smooth, I promise!
- 2. Pour batter into mixing bowl and continue to stir.
- 3. If you want to eat these raw like we do, just form them into 1" balls and enjoy right away or refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm them up a bit.
- 4. If you want, you can bake them. Just flatten them a bit, but keep them thick and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden.
Read more about this chef..