Paleo/Vegan Sunflower Banana Muffins
Published on August 31, 2015 | By Katrina |
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup sunflower butter or Organic Nutzzo 7 Nut and Seed butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 flaxseed meal eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum, optional
- 1. Place the banana in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 2. Prepare the flaxseed eggs by combining 2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal with 6 Tablespoons water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour the banana puree into a bowl and combine with the remaining ingredients, adding the flaxseed meal eggs last. The batter will be very thick.
- 4. Spoon the batter into 6 muffins cups, lined or lightly greased, until full.
- 5. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Enjoy plain or add your favorite muffin toppings.
Read more about this chef..