So, today I was working on an art commission and I put in some overtime because I still had a huge wod of paint on my palette that I needed to use. By the time I got it all cleaned up I only had 30 minutes to get dinner on the table. I had already steamed a head of cauliflower this morning to make my Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce with, but I hadn’t figured out what I was going to make with it. I looked in the freezer and my wheels began to turn. This Vegan Shepherd’s Pie is the result and my whole family loved it! The whole thing was gone in a matter of minutes and it was super easy and inexpensive! Another score for the home team! You can easily add or subtract your favorite veggies to make this a quick meal for your peeps. I even left the peas off one corner for my daughter that hates them. Worked like a charm!
Vegan Shepherd’s Pie “On The Fly”
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 Batch Cauliflower "Cheese" Sauce
- 1 bag gluten free frozen hash browns
- 1 bag frozen sliced mushrooms (I used Trader Joe's Mushroom Medley)
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bag shredded carrots
- 1 can drained and rinsed Northern beans or Kidney beans
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. basil
- 1/2 t. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1. Prepare one batch Cauliflower "Cheese" Sauce. You can steam the cauliflower and blend the sauce while the shepherd's pie is baking.
- 2. In a greased 13" x 15" baking pan place the hash browns in an even layer. Layer with carrots, peas, beans and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt, garlic, basil and pepper.
- 3. Cover with foil and bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
- 4. Top with Cauliflower "Cheese" Sauce and serve warm.
Read more about this chef..