I recently started eating a more plant based diet to lessen the inflammation I began to have in my joints. My inspiration for that way of eating came after I watched Forks Over Knives on Netflix. Since I paint, exercise and play guitar regularly I needed to do more to help my joints stay healthy. However eating tons of vegetables can get really boring, so here’s a salad that came to me when I was steaming cauliflower. It’s flavorful, protein rich and super tasty. A win, win if you ask me, since cauliflower is so nutrient packed on its own. I’ve fallen completely in love with my avocado mayo and it works well with so many things to add variety to my plate. Bon Appetit!
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. garlic powder or 1 small clove garlic, minced
- pepper to taste
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1/4 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1. Chop and steam 1 head of cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Steam 1 1/2 cups peas 5 - 10 minutes until tender.
- 3. Combine the cauliflower and peas in a large bowl.
- 4. Add the avocado mayonnaise, salt, garlic, pepper, and chia seeds and mix thoroughly.
- 5. Serve warm or chilled.
Read more about this chef..