Pecan Crusted Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 cup ground, raw pecans
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Himalayan Pink Sea Salt or Celtic sea salt
- 2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Bragg's nutritional yeast
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400.
- 2. Using a food processor with a slice blade or a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini and squash into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- 3. Grease the bottom of a large skillet with 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- 4. Make one layer of zucchini on the bottom of the skillet and sprinkle with salt, garlic, basil, oregano, pecans and nutritional yeast. Pour 1 teaspoon of coconut oil over that layer. Then make a layer of yellow squash over that in the same manner. Continue to make layers of alternating zucchini and yellow summer squash and sprinkling each layer with the seasonings until all of your ingredients are used us, or until the pan is full.
- 5. Pour the remaining toppings over the top of the layers and bake at 400 for 30 minutes.
Read more about this chef..