Pesto is wonderful and has super healthy fat from the nuts and Olive oil. However, since having my gallbladder removed 17 years ago, I have to be careful about how much fat I consume in one sitting, even if it is the heart healthy fat. This is my lower fat version of one of our favorite go-to dinners. I’ve omitted the added oil and it still tastes amazing. If you’re looking to add more nutrients and less fat, then this one’s for you!
Pesto On the Lighter Side
- Prep Time
- 1 cup
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 t. minced garlic or 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 - 1 t. sea salt, to taste
- pinch ground pepper
- 1. Place all ingredients into a blender or NutriBullet and blend until smooth.
- 2. Enjoy with raw zucchini noodles, gluten free noodles or veggie sticks.
Read more about this chef..