Here’s one of my favorite ways to start the day, or follow a hard workout a Purple Power Smoothie. I love the detoxifying and energizing nutrients this smoothie promises! It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, antioxidants and fiber, with extra Omega 3’s. The bit of beet that I add also increases the already rich enzyme content for better digestion throughout the day. What’s your favorite smoothie flavor? This is the blender the we use to make our smoothies.
Purple Power Smoothie
Published on April 12, 2015 | By |
- Prep Time
- 2 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 3/4 cup almond, rice, coconut, soy or flax milk
- 1 pinch pure powered stevia
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 2 oz. fresh, organic baby kale
- 2 oz. fresh, organic baby spinach
- 1/4 large, fresh beet, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen berry fruit blend (I use the one with cherries)
- 2 t. chia seeds
- 2 - 3 t. shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1. Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Garnish with the shredded coconut and stir. Enjoy!
Read more about this chef..