Smack Your Mama Chicken Patties Sneaky Style
Published on January 6, 2015 | By Katrina |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6 Patties
- 1 1/2 cups baked chicken, ground
- 1/2 cup steamed carrots
- 1 small, raw beet
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. sea salt
- 3 T. potato starch, tapioca starch or arrowroot flour/starch
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- grape seed oil for sautéing
- 1. Place baked chicken and some of the broth or gelatinized broth from the baking dish in a small chopper like a Black and Decker Handy Chopper, and grind the chicken until pretty smooth until you get 1 1/2 cups packed. You could also do this with canned chicken if you want to.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup steamed carrots and beet into chopper and blend well. Place in bowl with ground chicken and stir well.
- 3. Then add the seasonings, starch and mustard and combine well.
- 4. Form into 6 patties about 1/4 inch thick, and saute in a small amount of grapeseed oil for about 2 minutes on each side over medium heat or until golden, and serve with veggies or salad.
Read more about this chef..