Honk if you love Mexican!!! Here at the Nixon 5 ranch we love it!!! This is one of our favorite meals. It’s packed with protein, fiber, minerals, healthy, brain boosting carbs and heart healthy fat. It’s a busy ladies best friend when she’s looking for a quick, power packed meal that’s full of flavor! Try it and let me know what you think.
Tex-Mex Bare Burrito with Quinoa
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 2 cups quinoa
- 1 qt. vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 - 2 14 oz. bags sliced peppers and onions
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 2 avocados
- 1 small lemon
- 1/2 - 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. cumin
- 1/4 t. coriander
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar salsa, optional
- 1 bag shredded dairy free cheese, optional
- 1 bag favorite "corn" chips, optional
- 1. In a large sauce pan combine the broth and quinoa. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then lower the heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 2. In a skillet heat 1t. grape seed oil or coconut oil and saute the peppers and onions.
- 3. In a small sauce pan combine the kidney and black beans and warm over medium heat.
- 4. In a medium bowl mash the avocados well. Slice the tomato and add to the avocado. Add the juice of one lemon and the seasonings and mix well.
- 5. When the quinoa is done, place a scoop into a bowl. Top with peppers, onions, beans and avocado.
- 6. Add the optional ingredients as desired.
Read more about this chef..