I Love Spaghetti, but spaghetti sauce is another story. It tastes great, but I cannot digest cooked tomatoes. They tear up my stomach! So………I finally thought of a great alternative that my whole family loves! It’s raw, vegan and packed with nutrients that will give you energy and vitality. This sauce can be used over gluten free noodles, raw zucchini noodles or as a dip for veggies. Buon Appetito!
Vegan Tomato Cream Sauce
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- (0 Rating)
- 1 cup soaked, raw cashews
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic or 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 4 large, fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 t. oregano
- 1-3 medium tomatoes, depending on how thick you want it
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1. Place the raw cashews in a small mixing bowl and add enough water to cover them. Cover with foil or a lid and let sit for 45 minutes.
- 2. Drain the cashews and place in blender with remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. If you like thick sauce use only 1 or 2 tomatoes. If you want it to go further, then use 3 tomatoes.
- 3. Use over noodles, zucchini noodles or as a dip for veggies.
Read more about this chef..