I’m so excited to share this recipe for all of you who love chocolate ice cream! This is a hit at my house and I love the fact that it fits my plan of nourishing without sacrificing flavor. You’ll love how creamy this is and you don’t have to use an ice cream maker! This recipe is very versatile. You can make it into ice cream, ice pops or chocolate mousse. Easy peasy and so good!
Vegan/Paleo Classic Chocolate Ice Cream
- 5 cups
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk of choice (we use almond milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 6 pitted dates
- 3 T. maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1. In a small bowl soak the cashews in enough water to cover them for one hour.
- 2. In a separate bowl soak the dates in the milk for one hour.
- 3. After the dates and cashews are soaked at them to a blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 4. In an airtight container freeze the mixture for 3 hours or until it reaches the ice cream texture.
- 5. If you'd rather use your ice cream maker, freeze the mixture for one hour and then follow your ice cream maker instructions. This method yields a softer ice cream like soft serve.
Read more about this chef..