If you love apples and cinnamon….This one’s for you! So deliciously appleish and just the right amount of cinnamon. Moist, and just sweet enough. Perfect for breakfast or a snack. Packed with nutrient and fiber rich ingredients like apples, coconut flour, coconut oil, cinnamon and sunflower seeds. Did you know that cinnamon AND apples are both great for digestion, high in antioxidants, immune boosting and help regulate blood sugar? Coconut oil is also great for energy, fat burning, and contains Lauric Acid that kills bacteria, viruses, fungi and helps stave off infections. Studies show that the healthiest people groups in the world eat 60% coconut in their diets! If you are among those that don’t care for the taste of coconut, like my middle daughter, you won’t believe how good these biscuits taste. My daughter loves them, in spite of their coconut contents. So go ahead and give them a try. Let me know how you like them!
Apple Snickerdoodle Biscuits (paleo, vegan)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. pure stevia powder
- 1/2 t. xanthan gum
- 2 T. cinnamon
- 2 T. coconut milk (not canned), or other dairy free milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1. For the sunflower seed meal, add 1 cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds to a blender and blend until fine crumbles form.
- 2. Add all the dry ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 3. Fold in the coconut milk, applesauce and coconut oil and stir until well mixed.
- 4. Place large spoonfuls of dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet to form 6 "biscuits."
- 5. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Read more about this chef..