Bodacious Steak Tips
- 1 lb. hormone and antibiotic free steak tips
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) or Grapeseed Oil (It's best not to heat olive oil)
- 1/2 -1 t. sea salt
- 1 t. rosemary
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. basil
- 2 t. apple cider vinegar
- 1 t. gluten free dijon mustard (Annie's is GF)
- 2 T. arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup almond, rice or coconut milk
- 1. In a small bowl combine EVOO or Grapeseed oil, seasonings, vinegar and mustard and mix thoroughly.
- 2. Remove steak tips from package and place in a round or square, glass baking pan.
- 3. Pour the marinade mixture over the steak tips and cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap.
- 4. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If you start early you can marinate it all day for more flavor.
- 5. 20 minutes before serving heat a skillet over medium heat and add 1 T. EVOO. Pour the steak tips and marinade into the skillet.
- 6. Cook the steak on all sides until medium rare with just a little pink in the center about 4 minutes on each side.
- 7. When done, remove steak from the pan and leave the marinade in the skillet. Quickly add the arrowroot starch and 1/4 cup almond, rice or coconut milk. Whisk until thickened and pour over steak tips and serve.
Read more about this chef..