Lately I’ve been trying a lot more vegan dishes, and I heard about cauliflower sauce. I looked at several recipes for ideas and came up with one that my whole family would love. On the first try I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see their reactions. My oldest daughter hates cauliflower, so I really thought she’d gross out, but she loved it!!! My 6 year old loves to dip sautéed kale into it! Score!!!! Now we use it for a lot of different recipes. Here’s the basic recipe to add to your gluten free noodles, kale chips, veggie sticks or spaghetti squash.
Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce (Dairy Free)
Published on March 10, 2015 | By Katrina |
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 head cauliflower, steamed
- 2 1/2 T. Annie's honey mustard
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, sautéed
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- Optional: 1 T. Hazelnut oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (this adds great flavor, but it's great without it as well)
- 1. Chop and steam one head cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender. Sautee garlic in hazelnut oil or coconut oil.
- 2. Add to blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- 3. Blend until smooth.
- 4. Serve over gluten free noodles, spaghetti squash, veggie sticks, spuds, kale chips or Vegan Shepherd's Pie "On The Fly".
Read more about this chef..