Lately I’ve been trying a lot more vegan dishes, and I heard about cauliflower sauce. I looked at several recipes for ideas and came up with one that my whole family would love. On the first try I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see their reactions. My oldest daughter hates cauliflower, so I really thought she’d gross out, but she loved it!!! My 6 year old loves to dip sautéed kale into it! Score!!!! Now we use it for a lot of different recipes. Here’s the basic recipe to add to your gluten free noodles, kale chips, veggie sticks or spaghetti squash.
Cauliflower “Cheese” Sauce (Dairy Free)
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Beginner
- (5 /5)
- (1 Rating)
- 1 head cauliflower, steamed
- 2 1/2 T. Annie's honey mustard
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, sautéed
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- Optional: 1 T. Hazelnut oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil
- pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (this adds great flavor, but it's great without it as well)
- 1. Chop and steam one head cauliflower for 10 minutes or until tender. Sautee garlic in hazelnut oil or coconut oil.
- 2. Add to blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- 3. Blend until smooth.
- 4. Serve over gluten free noodles, spaghetti squash, veggie sticks, spuds, kale chips or Vegan Shepherd's Pie "On The Fly".
Read more about this chef..